Monday, May 19, 2014

What to do in Chicago/My Experience

            So I actually really wanted to post on Wednesday but then I didn't have time because I was super busy. I had tons of homework and I needed to pack for my choir trip to Chicago! We did a lot of touristy things there but we had a great time anyways. We basically just competed as a choir and then did fun things during the rest of the weekend. I just wanted to share with you guys my amazing experience so that if you ever go to Chicago you’ll have some insight on what to do.


            So the first thing is that we arrived at the Water Tower Place, Chicago’s huge 7 story mall, and shopped. It was probably one of the best shopping experiences. There was a TopShop by the mall but we didn’t get to go to it, sadly. Anyways there was so much to do just in that mall, it was insane! By the way, we were those tourists that would walk around taking pictures of the food court. It was huge!
            Then we went to see a musical at night and eat at Giordano’s Pizzeria. But before that we had to drive from the mall to our hotel which was supposed to be a 30 minute drive but became a two hour one, thanks to Chicago traffic. So we got to the hotel changed and left.
Giordano’s Pizzeria was first, and let me be the one to say, I have never eaten better pizza in my life! It was super cheesy and fresh and didn’t have that greasy pizza taste that normal pizza has. I probably had three pieces, it was amazing! Following the pizza was The Million Dollar Quartet which was a musical about Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, and Johnny Cash and their “jam session” on December 4, 1956. At first I thought I wouldn't like it and that I would be bored but it ended up being probably my favorite part of the whole trip. If you go to Chicago please see the musical and go to the mall! It’s absolutely amazing in both places.
            On Saturday we didn't do much. We just performed and went to Six Flags which was fun but the service at Six Flags really wasn't the best but whatever. We still got to go on rides and have fun so it was ok.
            Our last day in Chicago, Sunday, was spent at the Lincoln Park Zoo and the Navy Pier. We had a great time at the zoo and the pier. I, personally, wasn't able to go on the Ferris wheel because the lines were too long and we didn't have enough time, but I had friends who went on it and loved it. I basically just went souvenir shopping for the time I had at the pier. The things in the gift shops were super expensive (as expected) so if you ever go make sure to bring enough money. I spent about 35-45 dollars just buying things from gift shops.
            Altogether, Chicago was expensive but definitely worth it! I had the time of my life with my friends and I just didn't want it all to end, but it did. So when you go to Chicago just make sure to hit all of those key points, except for maybe Six Flags, and you will have a great time.

            If you guys liked this post please don’t forget to tell your friends about my blog, check out my previous post, comment what you thought and follow! Thank you so much and I will see you all on Wednesday. Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment